Friday, August 5, 2011

What's New

Well,, the table/desk has not progressed much further as I've been very busy trying to get ready for a long weekend away. (I'll be closed the weeks of August 7 and August 21.) The biggest part of getting ready has been to go through a good-sized lot of vintage kitchen goods that I recently acquired from an estate. There is a lot to clean, price and inventory, but, so far, it has been great fun.

The Pyrex mixing bowl set is complete and in great condition. Same for the FireKing Jadeite. The Hall teapot - not so much, but would display nicely. And how about that stylish pitcher and glass set!


Vintage glass and pottery are particular weaknesses of mine. I love the weight of them. When you hold
them, you know you are holding something substantial. They were made to last, and because we now call them vintage, they did. As well as being functional they were attractive. And whose grandmother didn't have McCoy, Hall, Hull and FireKing. So, last but not least, they are evocative of happy memories.


Salad, fruit and vegetable bowls.

There is a lot more to go through so be sure to check back.

During the week of August 21 I'll be closed in order to organize and conduct an estate sale. This will be my first one, but I have attended enough of them to know the difference between one that is well run and one that is not. Should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Is the Pyrex mixing bowl set still available? I know someone interested in it.

    ReplyDelete