Saturday, November 27, 2010

Small Business Saturday is Here

Aunt Lizzie's definitely falls into the Small Business category. Remember when shopping was fun and you could always expect friendly service? You can still have that experience at small busninesses.

Speaking to Stay Sew Creative's comment about what we might have "in store," it's hard to believe that Yuletide Disco didn't fly off the shelf last year. But that just means that some lucky customer has another opportunity for a unique gift or to re-live their misspent youth!


Nothing to add to this one. It speaks for itself.

And this year, we have the perfect accessory. Vintage earrings! I know, it's just too good to be true. This is the only pair of complementary earrings we have in stock. So, if they speak to you, hurry in.


They show some wear. I imagine them discoing with abandon!

There is a lot to do in a small shop like ours:  pricing, cleaning, staging, etc. But, even so, sometimes the work is done and there is still time to be filled in between customers. I always have a book on hand to read, or I can take one from the shelves. Years ago, I used to do quite a bit of knitting. This year, I think I will work on a Christmas present during the slow times. I recently came across a lovely pattern in a vintage magazine, and I have just the person in mind. Don't say a word to Stay Sew Creative; it's a surprise. I know that she'll just love it!


Did women actually make and wear these?

It's the one on the right. Having only done sweaters, I know how tedious knitting the arms can be. I wonder about the legs on this one. And, they seem to have a flare. Flared legs are in again, aren't they?


No comments:

Post a Comment